It Pays to Cry

My career gave my newly single life a good kick start. Since the break-up, I received more demands from work and passed the NCLEX which is one of the three exams I will be taking this year to open more opportunities for me in the world of professional nursing since nowadays, being only a BSN graduate and a registered nurse in the Philippines is no longer enough to give you an edge in the labor force.

My current job as a lecturer in review centers gave me an opportunity to expand my knowledge in nursing, skill in teaching, and finance my lifestyle which is quite posh at the moment. Unfortunately, this job blocked my way to fully prepare myself for the upcoming NCLEX. I only had 20 days of self-review while working and I still did not see any reason to reschedule the exam to a later date.

Prior the exam, I had to travel from Baguio to Makati where the examination will be held. During the trip, I came across places where my ex and I used to go to when we were having our vacation in Manila. I consider it one of the best vacations I had in my life only because I was with him. Seeing those scenes triggered memories to float in my mind and while seated in the bus, I was constantly sucked into my inner vacuum and slowly being consumed by the feeling of misery, despair, and loss.

Upon arrival to my hotel room, all of the weakness both physical and emotional met to the point enough to cause distress. Seated on my bed, tears suddenly came rushing out from my tear ducts. They were in a hurry to go out along with the heaviness I was bearing inside. I cried and screamed, sworn bad words, punched the bed and the walls, and threw anything I could touch that I knew would not break. Out of ridiculousness, I even took the laundry from my luggage and washed them while crying. That night was a night of crying, meaninglessness and misery. I finished doing the laundry, stopped crying, and immediately went to bed. I took it as the final and crucial preparation for the NCLEX.

On the next day, I took the NCLEX. There was not a drop of anxiety in my nerves despite the lack of reading and preparation. I took it with all confidence with no concern on the result. Two days after the exam, I knew from the quick result service that I passed. I PASSED! And in front of the computer I once again cried so hard but no longer did I shed tears of misery but rather it was tears of victory that rolled down my face!

From that experience, I learned that I am a victor, not just because I passed the NCLEX and are on the right professional track, but because I know how to cry. Once again I have proven myself that I am indeed a master of my emotions and this is the strongest foundation of my victory.

28 comments:

Echos Erita said...

Congrats on passing the NCLEX sista! Unlike, I've no more tears to cry...

Joe-ann said...

done adding.thanks.

mckhoii said...

Thanks Tita! You'll be the next to face it and there is no doubt you'll make it.

No more tears to cry? DO I sense suppression/repression?

mckhoii said...

Thanks much Joe-ann!

Echos Erita said...

I don't think I will be facing it, the NCLEX thing. I have a lot other things that I love to do more than my anything related to my profession. Ha ha.

The key to happiness is doing what you really love, or so a line in Night at the Museum 2 says. I don't like to push myself into doing what I think the other people think of me to do or achieve.

Yeah, no more tears to cry... as for the moment.

mckhoii said...

well, wag munang magsalita ng tapos te. BTW, help me with my latest comment widget. I want to make it better. it's so ugly!

Anonymous said...

woow!
grabe gling naman
talino mo cguro
hahaha
patutor
lolx

mckhoii said...

sure! ^_-
PM me and let's do business

Anonymous said...

wow amazing!!

i cant imagine that u made passed the nclex exam oh my!

u so smart totally! :) and im so proud that i have a smart friend like u hooooooh!

mckhoii said...

thanks much mr. Anonymous.. whoever you are :)

Lady in Disguise said...

when i passed it.it opened me to innovations.It's as if I was remover from the burden of taking all the EXAMs for RN but It was all worth it. Self-review motivated me as well. on the other hand, giving yourself a good cry will always be a worthwhile experience, no matter how tbad/good the reason could be.We need to flush it for a while to be able to pick up the sword and be ready for the next battle LIFE would throw on us.wheeW!complicated as it is.LIFE!

mckhoii said...

Magkapatid nga talaga tayo LadyNDisguise! haha! Dapat lang na nagself-review tayo kasi naturingan pa naman tayong mga reviewer! haha! Ditto on your comment about crying! haaay.. Life. Indeed!

Anonymous said...

Nice blog here...u are a very strong person... u can meet all the challenges ahead of u..dockers here

mckhoii said...

THanks Dockers!

Unknown said...

Hi,
I have added you to my blogroll already. Thanks for returning the favor. See you around !

Xprosaic said...

Nice! Congrats for passing your NCLEX...hehehhehehehhe... Ei, I already added you in my blog roll... Thanks for the visit too!

mckhoii said...

Thanks Melanie and Xprosaic! I'll be adding you already to my blogroll

joanjoyce said...

congrats Mckhoii for the exam :) hehehe the xbf thing, im sure someday soon you'll just laugh it off and ya'll tell head up high that he is such a loser (YAYA) LOL!

mckhoii said...

Thanks Ms. JJ! Actually, I'm already in the stage where I can already laugh it all out. Prolly this is a good sign of moving on. THanks again! muah!

dediksaifulloh.blogspot.com said...

nice BLOG , the same as me, i love HARRY POTTER. i am from mojokerto city Indonesia. and you ???

mckhoii said...

im from Davao City, Philippines. THanks for dropping by sir :)

Marco said...

Super late reaction. congrats!
Really great blog u have!

mckhoii said...

Thanks Marco! I've added you to my blogroll

Liza said...

Hi! Thanks for visiting and the invite. I have added you to my links. :)

mckhoii said...

THanks Liza! I've added yours too

Spazz RN said...

Thank you for inviting me to your blog! I've included you as a recommended blog.

I'm also trying to prepare for the NCLEX. I'm not scheduled yet. I've been waiting on my (SLOOOOOWWWWW) school to send the paperwork to the state and for the (SLOOOOOWWWWW) state to send me my authorization to test. Ugh. LOL

Here's my blog: http://spazzrn.blogspot.com

Mikes Blog Marketing Tips said...

Thank you so much for your kind words....A tip just for you....Content is king, especially when it comes to blogging. so try to post to your blog at least 3 times a week, if not daily...Until next time...Peace

mckhoii said...

Spazz: Good luck on your NCLEX Spazz! Don't worry about the time it requires for you to wait. Just remember that it will all be worth it at the end of the day

Mike: I'll remember your advice. I'll try to make this blog living as much as possible without any alibis. Thanks!

Post a Comment