Reunited and it Feels So Good!

I may have lost the most important man in my life (Dale, my ex-bf) but at least I won two more men in the person of my half brothers who have been disconnected from my life and my family since day one.

I knew upon the leakage of family secrets that my father had children from other women aside from my mom. Knowledge of the harsh truth had me felt like there was no time for grieving because the thought that I had half-brothers had me rushing to find them. The internet was the best place to commence the search.

Champ is my younger half brother in General Santos City who I met barely 5 years ago when I was still a nursing student. He was the only person who replied to the hundreds of emails I sent to strangers I suspected would have the key to my quest. Eventually, we figured out that we had the same father and I found exactly who I was looking for.

Giovanni has been a regular invitee to significant family events. He is older than me and younger than my full-blood sister. There must be something special about him that makes him entitled to these prerogatives. And I was not wrong. He, indeed, is special. The bubble has burst and I found out that is also my half-brother.

In an attempt to cope from my recent breakup, I figured that it would be helpful to tap some support systems near the area. I called Champ up to visit Tagum City (my hometown) and promised to introduce him to our older sister, grandmother, and people that he should have known as part of his birth right. I toured him around the city and shared family stories while driving the car.

I also called Giovanni up to meet his newly found brother. Our older sister – Karen – was busy with her kid so the three of us spent the night together. We had dinner in some nice restaurant and headed to a videoke bar where we spent the night sharing our stories, feelings, and happiness that somehow another puzzle piece became clear in our lives.

I opened up myself and they gave support despite the fact that my stories are different since I am gay. They were proud of me for standing for a good decision and sympathized with the pain I am currently bearing. All my inner conflicts, past or current, came to a pause of peace with my brothers. It was totally a night to remember for the three of us and I am glad that I was the key for the reunion.

Somehow, another chapter of our lives was opened now that the bond between us was formally made. Today, Giovanni will be getting married to his long-time girlfriend and we are reunited once more for this event. I will be the best man later (or best woman as I always cry out) and I only wish the couple the best of luck for their newest adventure!


8 comments:

val said...

natawa ako dun sa best woman...nice humor man(or woman)! hehehehehe

mckhoii said...

thanks Val... balik balik :D

joanjoyce said...

i wish my father had other kids too but im not as luck as you hehe nag iisa lang talaga ako waaaaaaa goodluck sa pagiging best woman mo ;)

mckhoii said...

THanks much Ms. JJ! being best woman for the first time was great! Yes, I am indeed very lucky to have them

Anonymous said...

i'm happy for u mark! hmmm.. i wonder if i have half siblings too. i wish i have. haha!

mckhoii said...

Haha! THanks dear! Malay mo, magkapatid pala tayo

Choc Mint Girl said...

Hi, McKhoii! Thanks for the visit and drop! :) Will add your blog in mine and drop daily. :)

mckhoii said...

Thanks ChocMint Girl!

Post a Comment